Monday, June 25, 2007

Retooling

Well I'm officially over it. That is, with the depressing day I had yesterday. I went to at least watch some of the athletes who were able to race. I walked the two blocks to where the bike course hits the top of the hardest grades. Oh yeah and I could see the swim course from my house also. But I walked over with my wife and baby and cheered on as many people as I could without blurting out my strategy for that particular climb. I pretty much had it figured out to the Watt. Oh well. Later on, we went to the mountains and I took the epic out for a flat spin on some fire roads. I had to do something. My hip was feeling better but I kept it real easy.


I don't know exactly where I'm going to go from here. I don't have any more races officially planned and don't know if there will be for a while. My professional and personal lives have been pretty much been marginalized since January. For one thing I need to get totally healthy. This means getting into some PT, chiropractic and strength training. Just to note. The strength training I beleive has been my achilles heal through all this training and racing. I was training with Pilates up until February and had to cut it out of the schedule for time management.

No comments: