Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Little man in da house....yo.

Hell yeah! My son, ahem.....MY SON was born on June 14 th, Saturday. Before I make this post all about him or me, I've got to give huge props out to my wife, who put in the performance of a lifetime. Talking about hitting it out of the park. She had the baby completely natural, denying the epidural and meds late in the game. I was there for the whole thing and it was rad. Raw/ Primal stuff to see. You think you know someone pretty good and they just come out of left field with some all time performance. I knew she could do it but we didn't even take those classes or anything. It all happened so fast and she just said, "I'm going for it". (Another "Hell yeah"). If you remember that cheezy simile to racing last post, I saw with my own eyes, more determination and willingness to suffer than ever before..by anybody, anytime. My hats off to her.

Here's the graph:

All Z1 aerobic HR for my boy. HR avg 138. J did the hills(contractions)


He weighed in at 8lbs 3 oz and is super healthy.

Well we're all safe back at the house and stoked to be out of the hospital, where anything can happen. I just got back from a run but it's too early to tell if I'm going to be able to balance this equation. Taking a month off of work should help to keep my priorities straight. I'm super lucky to have that option. Give thanks!

7 comments:

ramon said...

CONGRATULATIONS T-Man....and to your lovely wife too! WOW, all natural. You a truly blessed. We are super stoked on the new addition to your family. Family life is wonderful...enjoy. Later dude. P.S. I think your wife deserves a finishers medal

barndog said...

thanks buddy!

beth said...

Congratulations! he is beautiful....i can tell you have an amazing family.

jameson said...

just catching up... I hadn't had a chance to catch up on any blogs and beth told me yesterday that she had reads yours and the little man had arrived...

congrats to both of you guys on the addition to the family!

TRI Vortex said...

Congrats!!! Great black and white. A perfect desktop wallpaper if I ever saw one.

barndog said...

yeah thanks t.v. went straight to the desktop after editing.

beth said...

i TOTALLY saw you....i think i smiled. i didn't know it was you, though, just saw a guy taking pictures!!!
thanks for the (unknown) race support!!! and as for being "slow"...you've SEEN me in training....off the BACK!