Monday, February 18, 2008

Weather/ME=R+R

I'm breathing much easier now. A mild cold played tag with my emotions all week. I ended up coming down with something on Tuesday. Go figure combining emotional and physical stress along with some air travel and lack of sleep last week. And not to mention some honey kisses from my little germinator. Consider it a toll to pay on the long bridge that is my Annual Training Plan. Damage control reports very little as I was still able to get in 6.25 hours of training, with two full days off. I was basically waiting for the bomb to go off and it fortunately was more like a sparkler that just sort of fizzled. That's the Cod Liver Oil and knowing when to "not go" that helped a ton. I have high hopes as I'm feeling alright after tackling a long run yesterday.
.
I was able to get in:
2 runs
1 swim
2 rides
2 strength sessions
.
Monday.
Strength+Run(treadmill)
started feeling sick.

Tuesday.
Swim.
Felt okay to swim but definitely worse by afternoon, bagged a tough run.

Wednesday.
Trainer.
Still sick but not completely out of commission. Trainer was the smartest option to keep moving.
60 min. steady @ 200W.

Thurdsay.
Off. A few strength moves that night.
Felt a little worse in the lungs. Conservative play was to chill and see if that helped.

Friday.
Off.
Same. Okay do nothing, damn.

Saturday.
90 min trainer. felt better, but didn't want a setback but did get a full 60 min at Tempo~220W.

Sunday.
Extreme chilling at Estancia Hotel and Spa. (see details) Felt awesome in the afternoon and took off for my long run of 90 min. I was willing to cut it short but felt great and moved on. I basically had a taper week, so to feel that good despite being sick was nice to enjoy.

R+R weekend.

pretty much the nutshell. I like to nutshell.

It was Jess' birthday and Valentines day weekend combined so we dropped off the little 'choo at grandma's and headed up to the Estancia Hotel in La Jolla. It was all about decompression as we had no plans but to get some good rest and then enjoy the spa on Sunday. That place is amazing.

Beautiful grounds, nice pool, secluded and close. I got a killer 80 min rub in the morning and spent the next couple hours in the eucalytpus steam, stretching and kicking it in and by the pool with beautiful weather.

poser.



The toes knows.

This week is looking up. Rested with some good energy levels and great DVR action with the Amgen Tour of California. I love watching cycling on Versus. Classic commentary+ visuals to remind me that there is some world class riding in the golden state that needs to be done. Nothing makes me chron to ride like watching Pro Cycling. It's weird because I can watch marathons but don't necessarily want to run one. go figure.

3 comments:

jameson said...

take the cucumber slices off your eyes, wipe off the face mask, and start training! MTB race sunday @ vail lake?

TRI Vortex said...

Go figure that bug has been going around, Mrs. TV and I are both under the weather.

Matt said...

looks like a nice little getaway.
looks like we all need a nice little getaway from this rain!