Friday, March 30, 2007

Rest.

Today is a rest day. I did my taxes. I'd rather train. duh.
Seriously it was a beautiful day. went for a walk this morning with my baby and enjoyed the view of the ocean along with rest of the stay at home....moms.
Rest days are a good chance to focus on really clean nutrition, hydration and flexibility.


Nutrion is a really important aspect of my life. superior nutrition helped my body survive chemotherapy some five years ago. i am sold. my strategy is sticking to whole foods packed with nutrients. has stayed relatively the same, but more animal protein. almost always organic if possible. I plan on describing what I'm eating in good detail in the next couple months as I am very proud of how it looks, tastes and makes me feel. I really enjoy hearing and reading about what other athletes are making as there is a lot to learn. Last night I made lime and salt chicken. I put it on a bed of spinach salad that had sliced apple, raw sunflower seeds, avocado and a lemon olive oil dressing. Baked yam fries on the side. thanks James. Dessert was a small bowl of organic mueslix with nonfat raspberry kefir and rice milk.
solid.

Today, black coffee, bora bora bar. Interphase shake with greensplus, liquid minerals and probiotics. Probiotics are a much forgotten element for a strong immune system. Lunch was spinach salad, homemade chicken minestrone. Bora Bora snack. For dinner homemade spinach chicken lasagne.

I have also had a chance to look into the future training blocks, leading up to Wildflower. Jim has got it worked out to 2 ten day cycles with 4 easier days in between. I am fired up. I am feeling really healthy and strong. One of the reasons why I feel so mentally fresh is that I was sick for almost three weeks in February, almost one whole training cycle. I may have missed out on some fitness gains but it has made me hungry for hard work. This is easy to say now but we'll see next Sunday afternoon.

Tomorrow I have a two hour ride/easy and race number pick-up for Carlsbad 5000. I'll probably combine this with watching a little of California 70.3 just up the road in Oceanside.
Those guys really..really...lucked out with the weather. Santa Ana in March? very rare.

On another note, I am planning some upgrades to the Kalibur. Mostly bearings. Bottom bracket, wheel bearings, and derailleur pulleys, going all ceramic. I'll get this work done at Hi-Tech bikes with my pre-race tune up next week.

No comments: