Saturday, May 19, 2007

In the balance.

I'm just about out the door to drive up to Temecula for the race on sunday. As fate would have it I feel like I'm getting sick. Yesterday I started getting a scratchy cough and this morning some congestion. I have been taking really good care of myself but have been exposed to a lot of people who are sick. Nonetheless, as of now my intention is to race. I will continue with my routine and make the final evaluation on race morning. If this was going to be my last race for a while I would definitely charge it regardless, but I just signed up for San Diego International in exactly one month and would be a chance for a solid PR if I'm able to hold this at bay. One thing I have to be really careful of is getting this thing too far in my lungs. Ever since the chemo, my lungs have been really susceptible to increased distress like bronchitis. This is going to be a tough decision for race day. I'm hoping I am feeling better to make it a no brainer. I'm trying not to get to far ahead of myself and get pissed off, but it's tough. Think positive.

No comments: