Friday, April 6, 2007

No bad days.

Feeling great today. kind of that heavy leg knowing that I didn't have to run or bike today great.

Yesterday I had an easy 30 min run to stretch the legs and absorb some of the hill work from tues and wednesday. I went out in my Gel Kayano's with my orthotics just to give my feet a break. Damn those shoes are heavy! As were my legs but I seemed to shake em out about 10 mins into the run. Had a good stretch session after. Yesterday afternoon we had an open water workout/body surfing session in PB. Jim takes his coaching group out for group workouts on Thursdays. This was the first one this season, but they're great. He tends to push us to do drills and workout elements a lot of us would probably blow off. I'm all up on his ear whenever I'm with Jim. He's a wealth of information and pretty much on the cutting edge as an athlete. The surf was kind of pumping. we did one warm up to the outside and in and then we pretty much raced out through the surf three more times. It was a good chance to practice surf entry, but also race pace efforts swimming through and under whitewash. I practiced siting coming in and caught a few waves all the way in. a couple double breathers. Everyone pretty much got worked at some point but were all smiles as the sun went down. Water's warming up! finally.

Today was sprint day at the pool. I went to my favorite swimming hole in Coronado. 50 meters,
multiple open lanes, right on the bay. nice pool.

Todays workout 1 hour including 500m of sprints, the rest aerobic. Here's how it went down.

WU 6x100
3x100 drills as 25 scull, 25 3/4 catch up, 25 scull etc. all with snorkel and buoy
100 kick
200 easy
3x100 sprint 1:20,1:22,1:23 on 3:00 interval
8x50 as 50 sprint (20s) all under :40, :37s best, 50 easy 3:00 interval
200 pull
200 pull n paddle
200 kick
2500m total

weights today also upper body and core. Saving my legs for something special tomorrow.
should be a good and hard weekend.

No comments: